What do you include on a cover?

Forums Forums Let’s Judge A Book By It’s Cover What do you include on a cover?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Queen Blu 10 months ago.

• Author

Queen Blu
    Participant

Title
    Name
    Publishing company???

I never knew there were so many things to think about with writing a book!

Lacy
    Participant

If you self-publish, I don’t think you have to have the publisher on the book. If you use a vanity press, I think you do, but they’ll probably give you guidelines for them. If you use a big house publisher, they’re probably going to take care of cover design for you.

empressofall
    Keymaster

If you have a hard copy of your book, you’ll want a spine, a place for your bar code/ISBN, an ‘about the author’, section and a synopsis spot.

The width of the spine is going to depend on a billion things; number of pages, the type of paper used, etc. You’re best off getting that info from your publisher.

Gina McGreggor

It is so cool how much info you have to share! Thank you so much for creating this site. I feel like many people are going to have success with the things that they learn on here. I think that people will want to be part of something that is so positive and so helpful. I love how there is no drama here on the site!

Queen Blu
    Participant

Thank you so much you guys. I have been working on my cover. I want to write erotic stories about women of color. I know there is like no erotica for us.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.